You will be working in our modern and comfortable 116 bedded Nursing Home, located near East Finchley Tube station. Hammerson House enjoys lots of sociable, communal spaces and beautiful woodland gardens.
Pay rates start at £11.05 per hour (£21,547 per annum) and the role has two retention payments: £500 after completing 6 months’ probation and £1000 after 12 months of service.
If you have previous experience working in a nursing home setting, you may be starting at a higher salary rate.
What will your typical day involve?
- Assisting with personal care (washing, dressing and grooming)
- Supporting with eating and drinking
- Building good and trusting relationships with residents and always being open and responsive to their questions and needs
- Creating a positive mealtime environment, whilst observing changes in nutritional status
- Acting as an advocate for residents and promoting their dignity
- Supporting and encouraging residents to participate in meaningful engagement
- Reporting any concerns to the Household Lead
Who are we looking for?
We ask our team members to take pride in their work, ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard, whilst maintaining an organised environment. Often managing multiple requests at once, team members need to be comfortable with multitasking and able to work on their own initiative, unsupervised. Where necessary, the role will require working with other teams to ensure our residents are happy in their home.
It is important that our team members can offer a cheerful, compassionate, respectful and caring approach and have good communication and interpersonal skills. Finally, we ask for a good understanding of the needs of older people and the desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others.
Although welcome, no previous experience is required as full training is provided.
However, the following is essential:
- A compassionate, respectful, and caring approach
- A good understanding of the needs of older people
- Awareness of and respect for Jewish values and traditions (we offer training to introduce Jewish culture and traditions, as the majority of our team is not Jewish)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build professional relationships and work well within a team
- Basic IT skills and the ability to use a computer
- Be able to work alone under pressure whilst managing and prioritising tasks
- A flexible attitude towards tasks and hours
- A professional presentation and positive attitude, with a customer-orientated and friendly outlook.
What else do we offer?
- A friendly, supportive, team working environment
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Free pick up and drop service to East Finchley tube station
- Training & development opportunities
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave, increasing over time
- A DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- A free uniform
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
- Full Time: 37.5 hours a week on a rota over a 7-day period.
- Part-time, flexible hours and casual hours are also available.
If you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you!
It is very important to us that, as well as meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis.
In addition to applying for a role with Nightingale Hammerson, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us - you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
The UK Government has added the role of Health Care Assistant to the Skills Shortage List for a temporary period. Sadly, we have a waiting list for this, so we are not able to offer any sponsorship for Health Care Assistants at this time.
We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and residents we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and our residents. Currently, we required all our staff to have the double vaccination or be medical exempt. It will only be possible for you to start working, once you have provided evidence of your vaccination status or a medical exemption.