As a Registered Nurse at Nightingale Hammerson, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the personal needs of our residents are met in a way that respects their dignity and promotes independence.
What will your typical day involve?
- Coordinating and undertaking the personal and nursing care of our residents in line with the Person & Relationship Centred Care model
- Leading, supporting, mentoring and developing our Health Care Assistants and Senior Health Care Assistants
- Liasioning with relatives and external agencies including attending residents meetings
- Dealing with day-to-day management issues responding to roster changes, arranging cover, etc
- Accessing residents' physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual needs and ensuring care plans produced by supervised staff are effective
- Auditing, updating and reviewing care plans
- Supporting multidisciplinary meetings for each resident, at key points six weeks from admission, a change in condition and annually
- Supporting residents end of life care through the Gold Standard Framework (GSF)
- Assisting and supporting the Quality Assurance system
- Actively participating in education and reflective workshops and forums
Who are we looking for?
You will be a Registered General or Mental Health Nurse and ideally a specialisation in Dementia and End of Life Care. A management qualification would also be desirable, however, we can support you to achieve a qualification.
You will have a track record of providing care services to older people with dementia and developing staff members.
You take pride in ensuring your work is always completed to a high standard and can maintain an organised environment. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking, able to work on your own initiative unsupervised and where necessary working with other teams to ensure our residents are kept happy in their home.
You will have a cheerful, compassionate, respectful, and caring approach and good communication and interpersonal skills and the desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others.
What is in it for you?
- • A friendly, supportive, team working environment
- • Highly competitive rates of pay
- • Training & development opportunities
- • Flexible working patterns
- • 25 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave, increasing over time
- • A DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- • A free uniform
- • Refer a friend bonus scheme
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
Full Time – 44 hours a week on a rota
Part-time, flexible hours and casual hours are also available
This role attracts two retention payments. £500 after completion of the probation programme (6 months) and £1000 after completion of 12 months of service
£38,000 to £40,000 (FTE) depending on experience
If you meet the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis.
In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us - you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and our residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations. It will only be possible for you to start working, once you have provided evidence of your vaccination status or a medical exemption.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
This role is not at or above RQF Level 3 and therefore is ineligible for sponsorship under the UK's Points Based Immigration System.
We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and residents we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.