First impressions are everything! As a Receptionist Concierge, you will take care of the Residents and Relatives from the moment they arrive through to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us.
Superior knowledge of a great Receptionist/Concierge is the expectation of our Residents and Relatives when staying and visiting Nightingale Hammerson. Your ability to anticipate needs and make informed suggestions will ensure they have a truly memorable experience.
What will your typical day involve?
- Greeting residents, relatives, contractors and visitors to the home
- Being the first point of contact and responding to a wide range of questions and requests
- Undertaking the general upkeep and tidiness of the reception area
- Take and transfer calls on a switchboard and redirect to appropriate destinations
- Undertaking general administration duties including handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Liaising with other teams over deliveries, booking taxis and couriers, reporting faults and breakdowns
Who are we looking for?
Although welcome, no previous experience is required as full training will be provided.
You take pride in ensuring your work is always completed to a high standard and can maintain an organised environment. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking, able to work on your own initiative unsupervised and where necessary working with other teams to ensure our residents are kept happy in their home.
You will have a cheerful, compassionate, respectful, and caring approach and good communication and interpersonal skills. With an understanding of the needs of older people and the desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others.
What is in it for you?
- • A friendly, supportive, team working environment
- • Highly competitive rates of pay
- • Training & development opportunities
- • Flexible working patterns
- • 25 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave, increasing over time
- • A DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- • A free uniform
- • Refer a friend bonus scheme
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
Full Time – 37.5 hours a week on a rota
Part-time, flexible hours and casual hours are also available
£10 per hour
If you meet the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis.
In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us - you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and our residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations. It will only be possible for you to start working, once you have provided evidence of your vaccination status or a medical exemption.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
This role is not at or above RQF Level 3 and therefore is ineligible for sponsorship under the UK's Points Based Immigration System.
We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and residents we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.