You will be responsible for carrying out painting and general maintenance duties around the home, including duty maintenance tasks dealing with any defects from re-tuning a TV, repairing doors, replacing lights, replacing carpet tiles, working in plant rooms to moving beds and furniture.
What will your typical day involve?
- Undertake reactive and planned maintenance, PPM maintenance, equipment and ad hoc repairs, and general upkeep of the internal and external fabric.
- Carrying out planned and unplanned general maintenance duties related to large complex with its infrastructure of plant and equipment systems and completing relevant paperwork in connection with the above works
- Responding to maintenance requests from residents, staff and colleagues
efficiently, to a high standard and on a timely basis
- Act of a Fire Marshal and attend each and every fire alarm that may occur whilst on duty
- Complete periodic checks of various systems (including water
temperatures, alarm systems, torches, generators, door checks, etc
Who are we looking for?
Ideally, someone who has a trade qualification, however a good level of general experiences and skills will be plenty to get you started. Full training and the opportunity to undertake professional qualifications will be given to you.
You take pride in ensuring your work is always completed to a high standard and can maintain an organised environment. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking, able to work on your own initiative unsupervised and where necessary working with other teams to ensure our residents are kept happy in their home.
You will have a cheerful, compassionate, respectful, and caring approach and good communication and interpersonal skills. With an understanding of the needs of older people, health & safety and the desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others.
What is in it for you?
- • A friendly, supportive, team working environment
- • Highly competitive rates of pay
- • Training & development opportunities
- • Flexible working patterns
- • 25 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave, increasing over time
- • A DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- • A free uniform
- • Refer a friend bonus scheme
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
Full Time – 37.5 hours a week on a rota
Part-time, flexible hours and casual hours are also available
If you meet the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis.
In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us - you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and our residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations. It will only be possible for you to start working, once you have provided evidence of your vaccination status or a medical exemption.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
This role is not at or above RQF Level 3 and therefore is ineligible for sponsorship under the UK's Points Based Immigration System.
We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and residents we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.