As a Porter, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our residents receive exceptional service
You will need to think on your feet, proactively solving problems and be versatile, supporting all areas in our homes.
What will your typical day involve?
- Assisting with the movement of residents to and from various locations at Nightingale Hammerson
- Moving a variety of goods, stores, furniture and equipment to and from various locations including between our two homes
- Assist with the setting up of various rooms for the events that take place
- Distribute newspapers and magazines to the residents
- Manage our clinical, domestic and other waste
- Undertake cleaning duties as appropriate to support the Housekeeping team.
- Distribute disposables (drinking cups, paper towels & dishwasher chemicals etc) to the residential and nursing units and issue of other stores when required
- Act as a Fire Marshall and undertake the range of duties associated with this role
- Act as Security Officer when required and to undertake the range of duties associated with this rol
- Assist with the movement of the bodies of deceased residents as and when necessary.
Who are we looking for?
Although welcome, no previous experience is required as full training will be provided.
You take pride in ensuring your work is always completed to a high standard and can maintain an organised environment. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking, able to work on your own initiative unsupervised and where necessary working with other teams to ensure our residents are kept happy in their home.
You will have a cheerful, compassionate, respectful, and caring approach and good communication and interpersonal skills. With an understanding of the needs of older people and the desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others.
What is in it for you?
- • A friendly, supportive, team working environment
- • Highly competitive rates of pay
- • Training & development opportunities
- • Flexible working patterns
- • 25 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave, increasing over time
- • A DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- • A free uniform
- • Refer a friend bonus scheme
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
Full Time – 37.5 hours a week on a rota
Part-time, flexible hours and casual hours are also available
£10.50 per hour
If you meet the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis.
In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us - you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and our residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations. It will only be possible for you to start working, once you have provided evidence of your vaccination status or a medical exemption.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
This role is not at or above RQF Level 3 and therefore is ineligible for sponsorship under the UK's Points Based Immigration System.
We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and residents we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.