The Role – Senior Health Care Assistant
Reporting to the Household Manager and working as part of a team of Health Care Assistants at either our Nightingale or Hammerson House, you’ll provide person-centred care by ensuring the best standard of care. You’ll achieve this by:
- Assisting with personal care (dressing, eating, drinking and washing) as well as manual handling needs
- Building good and trusting relationships with residents and always being open and responsive to their questions and needs
- Creating a positive mealtime environment, whilst observing changes in nutritional status
- Acting as an advocate for residents and promoting their dignity
- Undertaking the range of activities involved in providing a nursing service to residents
- Participating in clinical audits as appropriate.
- Reporting any concerns to the Household Manager
Our Requirements – Senior Health Care Assistant
Although welcome, no previous experience is required as full training will be provided.
However, you will be required to have:
- A compassionate, respectful, and caring approach
- A good understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to prioritise the personal and team workload in a timely manner in order to meet all the requirements
- Awareness of and respect for the Jewish values and traditions
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build professional relationships and work well within a team
- Basic IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- The ability to work alone and in a team under pressure whilst managing and prioritising tasks
- A flexible attitude towards tasks and hours
- A professional presentation and attitude, with a customer-orientated and friendly outlook
- Ability to work on a rostered shift basis, including evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays with the flexibility to respond to the requirements to provide 24-hour care.
Entry Level: £11.50 per hour
Experienced: £11.75 to £12.00 per hour